Bicycles are popular targets for thieves. According to a study by the Federal Statistical Office, around 240,000 bicycles were stolen in Germany in 2022. A bike GPS tracker can help find your bike in the event of theft.
What is a bicycle GPS tracker?
A bicycle GPS tracker is a small device that attaches to your bicycle and transmits your position via a GPS signal to an app on your smartphone or computer. If your bike is stolen, you can use the app to track the location of your bike.
How a bicycle GPS tracker works
A bicycle GPS tracker consists of two main components: the tracker itself and the associated app. The tracker attaches to your bike and sends its position to the app via a GPS signal. The app then shows you the position of your bike on a map.
Types of Bicycle GPS Trackers
There are two main types of bike GPS trackers:
- Standalone tracker: These trackers have their own battery and SIM card. So they don't need to be connected to your smartphone or a computer to work.
- Tracker with app: These trackers are connected to an app that is installed on your smartphone or computer. The app sends the data from the tracker to your device.
Advantages of bicycle GPS trackers
Bicycle GPS trackers offer a number of benefits including:
- Theft protection: A bike GPS tracker can help you find your bike in the event of theft.
- Tracking: You can track your bike's position at any time.
- Alarm function: Some trackers have an alarm function that warns you if your bike is moved.
Disadvantages of bicycle GPS trackers
Bicycle GPS trackers also have some disadvantages, including:
- Cost: Bicycle GPS trackers can be expensive.
- Battery life: The battery life of bicycle GPS trackers is limited.
- Installation: Installing a bike GPS tracker can be difficult.
Tell a Friend - Loud Bike Tag Saddle Airtag Mount
The Laut Bike Tag Saddle Airtag Mount is a simple and inexpensive way to attach an AirTag to your bike. The holder is made of robust plastic and can be easily attached under your bike saddle.
The attachment is plain black and barely visible and offers additional protection for your AirTag. The mounting material is included with the holder. Attaching is extremely easy and takes place quickly.
Bicycle GPS trackers are a good way to protect your bike from theft. They offer a number of benefits including theft protection, tracking and alarm function.
The Laut Bike Tag Saddle Airtag Mount is a simple and affordable way to attach an AirTag to your bike.
Here are some tips for choosing a bike GPS tracker:
- Consider your needs: Think about which features are important to you.
- Read reviews: Read reviews from other users to get an idea of the quality of the tracker.
- Compare prices: Compare the prices of different trackers to find the best deal.
Here are some tips for installing a bike GPS tracker:
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions: The manufacturer's instructions should help you install the tracker.
- Attach the tracker in a safe place: Attach the tracker somewhere where it cannot be easily removed.
- Test the tracker: Test the tracker to make sure it is working properly.